Thursday, November 6, 2008

Spotting Day 3

I woke up this morning to even more spotting but no clear sign of an actual period. I talk to some friends who think that this is a bad sign. By the time I get to work things are looking far worse. One of my co-workers advises me that I might want to go home in case the cramping is strong. I have to teach a class tomorrow morning before I leave for vacation and I am worried that I won't be able to sit still for so many hours. I called the wonderful woman who I teach for and explain my situation. She offers to help. I cut her off before she offers me any sympathy.

At 2:00 I decide to take a mental health break and go home. I call Mrs. Ole who suggests that I call my GYN/OB. This was great advice. The receptionist at my doctor's office schedules me for 3 blood draws to test my HcG and progesterone levels. Instead of heading home I head off to the lab.

When I get home I pack for vacation and drink some more wine. I am asleep by 8:30 pm. My husband watches nervously. I wish my dog was here.

No comments:

Post a Comment