Mr. T. and I woke up super early today to vote before we left for work. I live in a city, which means that our polling location was an inner city elementary school. There were hundreds of people there, before the polls opened, waiting in a long line. We were the only white people there prompting me to joke that I really wished that I had a McCain/Palin t-shirt.
In all honesty it was a truly humbling experience to be amidst all of that well-deserved joy and expectation. I wish Obama well today, but I have to admit I haven't been the biggest fan so far. I am worried that he is far more hype than substance. Regardless, I realize what his campaign means to so many people and I am thrilled that as a country that we are here today.
After work Mr. T. and I went to Nordstrom. I gained some extra weight before I ever got pregnant (see "less than stellar" marathon training). Even through I wasn't even four weeks pregnant yet, the girls were getting sore and I wanted a new bra before we left for vacation. I haven't been measured in years, so I allowed someone to measure me and suggest some bras. The woman who measured me had no clue as to what she was doing. While I was standing in the dressing room I felt a familiar sensation, the beginning of my period. I hurriedly grabbed the least offensive bra and bought it silently grabbed my spouse and darted for the rest room. There was blood. I was so sad. I told my husband and we headed home dejected to watch Barack Obama be elected the 44th President of the United States.
Like a waterfall in slow motion, Part One
-
She wants her planet back. Woolfy – “Shooting Stars” Funny how his voice in
this song made me think he ...

No comments:
Post a Comment