Monday, July 27, 2009

The Return of Something Great


My parents did not bring my dog when they visited yesterday. Why? For no particular reason. So, this morning I drove an hour and fifteen minutes to their house, in direct violation of my discharge instructions to retrieve her. She was very happy to see me. I stayed at my parents' house long enough to pump breast milk and then headed out. My mom seemed really upset because she hoped that I would visit with her, but I was worried about leaving Mike with the kids for so long without a good supply of milk.

At this point they are consuming a mix of expressed breast milk and actually breastfeeding on the nipple shield. I made an appointment with a LC to see what we need to do to get them on the actual breast because the nipple shields are a PITA and they cause uncomfortable friction.

The meeting between Maya and the babies was fine. She sniffed them and then went to check her food dish. Next nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment