The babies had their 2 week appointment yesterday and I am happy to report that they have both exceeded their birth weights. Owen already lost his umbilical cord stump and Hamilton's was removed at the appointment. He was not amused and neither was I when it started bleeding after his first bath.
We also met with the lactation nurse today and learned that Owen's jaw is not perfectly aligned, probably due to his placement in utero. His misalignment is why he is not latching on the breast. We are going to make an orthodomtist very happy some day.
So, it looks like I will be exclusively pumping for him. I also learned that there is no reason for Hamilton to be using the nipple shield. He just prefers it because it is easier to eat from. He will not be seeing the nipple shield again. I am so grateful that I have a high quality personal use pump it makes this somewhat easier. My sisters-in-law on my husband's side got the Medela PISA for me as a gift. So far, it has been awesome.
Like a waterfall in slow motion, Part One
-
She wants her planet back. Woolfy – “Shooting Stars” Funny how his voice in
this song made me think he ...

No comments:
Post a Comment