So, this was not a mistake of epic proportions like the machine that ruined Christmas or the space heater that almost burned our house down. But this cost a little too much and yielded too little.
The beaba babycook might be awesome, if you have one kid, and that one kid eats a moderate amount of food. If you have two kids that eat like truck drivers, get a good steamer and food processor. I had to make food in this thing almost every day to keep up with them.
I did make tons of stuff in it. Their favorites were: sweat potatoes, zucchini, broccoli, well rinsed garbanzo beans, pears, and any kind of squash. I really did love making their purees. It added so much variety. But we really only needed it full-time from month five, when they started eating non-cereal solids, until month ten, when they refused to let us feed them.
One important lesson that I learned is don't make your own fruit. There is a ton of water in fruit. As a result the yield is very small compared to the amount of fruit that goes into it. It isn't worth the money or effort especially when there are great retail options now like those squeeze bags from Plum Organics, which we loved.
Pros: it is very compact, you don't have to supervise it while is steams b/c of the self-shut off, making your own baby food rocks, given that it is from Williams Sonoma it is not too expensive (when I first heard what retailer carried it I though that we would need a HELOC to buy it, but it wasn't that bad).
Cons: Yeild and short life of utility.

No comments:
Post a Comment