The boys were baptized on what was fortunately the coolest Sunday in July. They had no idea that this was the most important day of their lives, other than their birth, but we plan to tell them. One of the reasons that I wanted to have them baptized so close to their birthday is that-for the most part-people tend to forget the anniversary of their baptism. Because of the co-occurrence, it will be easy to remember. I plan to incorporate remembering the anniversary of their baptism into their birthday celebrations, as a way to teach them about the significance of the event, and what it means to me, and hopefully them, as they grow into Christian boys and men.

Owen has just one more question for Mike, before he heads to the font.

Hamilton and his sponsors are on deck.

Owen is not sure if he wants to stay at this party.

Hamilton definitely does not; fortunately I am faster than him.

Group Shot.

Owen is ready for communion.
This was a wonderful day filled with faith, family, and friends. Thanks to John for the pictures. I know this is totally inappropriate to say, but one of the best parts of the day is that no one pooped on their white outfit.
No comments:
Post a Comment