Tuesday, May 25, 2010

That Was a Mistake Tuesday

The Epic Sippy Fail of 2010
At the 9 month appointment our pediatrician advised us that we needed to get the boys off of bottles and onto cups. Since then I have bought every variety of sippy cup known to man. I bought this; this; grandma bought this; people said try straws; people said try the cheap ones ; or try the ones that are like your bottles; or the ones like your breasts; we tried the old standard; and they hate them all - every last one of them.

I thought about totaling the cost of this failed attempt at pushing a developmental milestone, but my husband, who is always asking why we spend so much money at Target, reads this blog. So I won't.

3 comments:

  1. we tried just about all of the same cups as you for our twin boys, and we ended up going with Gerber sippy cups, the covers are interchangable and the boys LOVE them. Not sure if you have tried those or not but it might help. Just a heads up as they use them a lot, the plugs in them get worn out and will need to be replaced after about 8 months or so! hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. Two more cups will never be noticed in the herd.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm... my kids were no where near interested in sippy cups until well over a year old:) I would say we weren't fulltime sippy drinkers until about 14 months. They'll do it when they are ready! (And I, too, tried every brand known to man. The Gerber "fun grips" ended up being the ones that leak the least and work the best for us too.

    ReplyDelete