Friday, April 16, 2010

Fat A@@ed Fridays

So my boys are 9 months and one day old, which means that I can no longer use the excuse that it took me nine months to get this way and I should give myself nine months to get back in shape.

I just do not have time to go on a diet, plus I produce about 60 oz of milk a day, so I am constantly starving. I will go on a real diet when I wean the boys, but for now I am going to try something new. Small steps. This is hard for me because I am a massive overachiever and I like to see results fast.

So this is what I have done so far. 1. Made a list of the bad habits that I have adopted since I got pregnant and 2. Made a list of the good habits that I need to reincorporate. I also need to create a non-food reward system for compliance. Each week I will add one from each list until I am back on track. I will measure my weight loss along the way and post pics.

This past week I permanently eliminated trips to get coffee en route to work because these trips always include something with the coffee. I also promised that I would go to the gym once. Both accomplished.

My starting weight is 168, which is only 8 pounds over my pre-pregnancy weight, but it is a totally different 8 pounds because pre-pregnancy I was an avid runner. Now, I can eat an entire package of Oreos in a 24 hour period.

My first goal is to get below 160, and my second is to get to 150. Ideally I want to get to my wedding weight of 145, but I will probably wait to finish bf'ing before I actually diet.

Next week. I remain banned from the coffee houses and will go to the gym twice. Additionally I am perma banned from the Mc Donald's drive thru.

No comments:

Post a Comment