Friday, August 14, 2009

Skills

One of the worst things that parents can do to their kids is compare them to each other. Not doing this is probably hardest when you have same gender twins, because let's face it if you have B/G you expect the girls to talk first and to be potty trained first.
Even as newborns it is amazing to discover that they are maturing at different rates. I have been feeling bad that Owen is missing the experience of breast feeding, even though he is getting all breast milk, I know there are benefits beyond the nutrition from the actual activity; such as skin to skin contact and something about developing the ear canal that he misses out on. As often as possible, about every other day, I try to get him to latch on, which generally results in a scream fest with my nipples getting clawed. This gets discouraging.

I just needed a reminder that there is a trade off in every situation. It came ... since Owen spends more time looking at our faces while eating he has developed these two awesome skills.

Smiling












Mimicking

No comments:

Post a Comment