Friday Saturday and Sunday nights I was having contractions, not the rhythmic labor kind of contractions, but plenty of them and enough that I started timing them. I noticed that the time I stayed contracted was relatively long and well over the normal 30 seconds to a minute. So Monday morning I called my OB praying that she would say it doesn't sound like a big deal and that she would see me, as planned, on Wednesday. Instead she said, "if you are calling me then you must be worried. So I want you to go into labor and delivery and check to make sure that you are not in labor." I was not pleased about this assessment because I had a ton of crap to do at work. I went in feeling annoyed until they put me on the fetal monitor and I heard my babies' heartbeats, which made me realize that I didn't have anything more important to do.
It turns out that everything is ok. The PA who I saw was really funny. She explained the duration of the contraction easily. Those books are written for people who are not full term with singletons. If I was carrying a singleton, at my size, I'd be 46 weeks. So those statistics don't apply to me. I love it when medical explanations actually make sense.
Like a waterfall in slow motion, Part One
-
She wants her planet back. Woolfy – “Shooting Stars” Funny how his voice in
this song made me think he ...

No comments:
Post a Comment