Friday, February 10, 2012

An Ordinary Miracle That is not So Ordianry


Bringing home a new baby is magical for any couple and at the same time it happens every day. My friend Jenni brought home her daughter today and there was nothing ordinary about this Homecoming. Little Layla wasn't born a couple of days ago. She was born on October 28, 2011 at 24 weeks gestation. In the past couple of months she has fought harder to live then most of us have ever fought in our lives. If you know me, you know that I am as sarcastic as the day is long. But when Jenni messaged all of Layla's 306 "Aunties" to let us know that this little girl was going home. I cried for her. And when I saw pictures of this little sweetheart all strapped up in her car seat, I honestly cannot say that I have ever been happier for someone else in a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment