Thursday, January 7, 2010

Because my Life is not Stressful Enough



The majority of my blog readers, known to me, are people that I know in real life. For that reason I have kept several topics private and off limits. These issues are: disputes with my spouse (although at some point I may be posting about our inability to sleep train because he cannot stand the sound of babies crying - softie); or conflict with my mother; and in the future, I will be careful about information that my sons would not want shared. The other thing that I have been careful about is writing about innocent bystanders in my life, which until today included my nanny.

We have a great nanny. She worked for one of my co-workers before she came to us and had great references. My husband and I are very committed to being our childrens' primary caregivers and I am lucky to be able to work from home 1.5 days a week. So it was very important that she was willing to accept a part-time position. Sadly she decided that this job is not working out for her because she wants to make more money. This news is very very hard for us, mostly because we are so comfortable with her and the boys love her, but also because she sought out and found another position without giving us an opportunity to find a way to keep her.

We are hoping that a woman who we already know, and is looking for work, will be a good fit for us. So if you know us, or if you are an anonymous reader, please keep us in your prayers.

Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment