Thursday, September 3, 2009

Seriously?

At my six week pp appointment I got the standard lecture about how you can get pregnant even if you are exclusively breastfeeding. I remember my OB saying that since I was exclusively BFing twins it was very unlikely that I would start my cycle but that I would have to use birth control anyway because I could possibly get pregnant in the 2 weeks before my cycle started blah...blah... I tuned her out. I am producing 100 oz. of milk per day. This is a quantity that freaks out even the hospital's lactation consultants. We throw out breast milk at my house. I am a walking dairy factory. Surely if there is a direct correlation between the amount of BFing that you do and an inability to produce enough estrogen to get pregnant than I should rest assured that I would be free of my menstrual cycle for awhile. I am entitled to a break of at least 4 months until they start solid foods.

Well apparently my body thinks that it would be a fine idea for me to get pregnant while BFing twins because it started today. I cannot even believe this. I was totally in denial at first. The cramps were something that I ate. Maybe the blood is from the birth, even though I stopped bleeding 2 weeks ago. There is no denying it. My reproductive system is open for business. I should have known when I took my husband, who has 8 siblings, last name that I would become a breeding machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment