Tuesday, July 15, 2008

July 2008

A couple of nights ago Mr. T and I had a conversation about birth control. Like a good little Episcopalian I have been on BCPs since I was ... well, for quite some time. And like a good Catholic boy he is not a fan of the oral contraception. A major theme in the conversation was my age, 34, and the general fertility concerns that women of advanced maternal age need to consider.

I always knew that we would have children, but I assumed that we would certainly want to wait a year. I was a little surprised, and pleased, to hear that he was interested in trying. So I scheduled a GYN/RE appointment, which went well.

She recommended that I start charting and prevent pregnancy for the first month off of BCPs. I reported this plan to my husband and asked if he would be interested in waiting until we went on an actual honeymoon, or until after I had paid off some more debt, or for some other unknown event to occur. He said, "when is it ever a good time to take on a dependant? Let's not do anything crazy and just wait and see what happens."

Armed with this I adopted my own "wait and see" theory and bought a BBT thermometer, a little notebook, and checked out a copy of Taking Charge of Your Fertility. Then I was ready to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment